Friday, April 18, 2014

Time to Keep the Camera Handy

 Flower of the day, Blue-eyed Mary, now in the plantain family, formerly in the Scrophulariaceae, is blooming in the grass adjacent to my office at FRC.  It's so tiny, it often goes unnoticed.  Even people who notice the little blue and white specks seldom are motivated to get down on hands and knees to really enjoy the details.  Providing that service is one of the purposes of this blog.  I walked by this
 patch of flowers several days in a row without my camera.  Now, every day I am seeing signs of spring that tell me it's time to "wake up" and keep the camera and notebook by my side.  I have a very
busy weekend ahead of me, but beginning next week I plan to record spring wildflowers and their invertebrate visitors with more regularity.  I'll also be blogging, AKA ranting, about environmental
destruction, hoping to put up a little resistance.  An editorial in this week's local paper made my blood boil.  Essentially, it mocked the idea that the government would spend any money to save the Mountain Yellow-legged Frog, particularly if it involved removing a non-native trout from lakes inhabited by the frog.  I am looking forward to writing about the ignorance revealed in that editorial. But, I'll keep posting happy stuff, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment