Sunday, July 5, 2015

Too hot to chase bugs for photos...

 but they came to me!  This elegant moth was in this position by the dish of cat food on the front deck at around 6:50 a.m.  I didn't bother to run for the camera as I thought the moth was dead.  I came back late in the afternoon, around 5:00, and it hadn't moved, so I was sure it was dead.  Got this photo, then poked it.  It took off across my yard and disappeared.  I guess it was alive!  What patience, lasting through the heat of the day.
 Around the same time, late in the afternoon, lots of bees gathered on the Lavender by our front fence.  A constant frenzy of activity.  I took around 20 photos just to get two with bees in focus.

 When I approached this paper wasp nest near the ceiing over the front deck, I was pretty sure it was empty, or at least inactive.  When I moved in close for a photo, I suddenly had some company.
 It was fascinating to watch the wasp's handiwork.
 I assume this nest will get bigger.   More photo ops to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment